Come one, come all for the first of this year’s new starter profiles. We haven’t hung around this year – 2019 has started with a bang and, to date, we have a total of 12 new faces who have joined/will be joining the madhouse of Innovation Valley. Let’s meet the first batch now.
Georgie Cleave – Finance Administrator
After a six-month break in which she explored Egypt and other amazing countries, Georgie has joined us in the equally-exotic world of Innovation Valley. Georgie has recently moved into her new house in Bovey Tracey and, once she’s done renovating her new pad, plans to continue her AAT training and has one eye on her trip to Australia in May – she’s a true jet-setter.
- Surfing ability: At one with the waves
- Secret OAP skill: Played short mat bowls for Devon
- Favourite food: Strawberries
- Dream car: VW Transporter (for the surfboard!)
Leo Giongo – Internal Operations Manager
Leo joined Lightfoot because it combines “an innovative creation which solves practical issues”, “a growing team of dedicated people” and “the perfect countryside setting”. In his own words – “it was a no brainer!”. Before joining Lightfoot, Leo held a variety of roles at Clarks, most recently as Operations Manager for the outlet business. Outside of work, Leo is kept good and busy by his two children, Florence and Felix, and boasts some mean Lego-building skills as a result.
- One-man band status: Guitarist, drummer, and ukulele expert
- Mr Motivator likeness: Once led an aerobics session for 50 people in Regent Street
- Favourite food: Pizza – unless it has been disgraced with pineapple
- Dream car: Shelby GT500 Eleanor
Jill Hedge – Servicing Scheduler
Jill has joined the team here at Lightfoot because she “was looking for a new challenge in a company” that she “could grow and develop with.” Before coming aboard the good ship Lightfoot, Jill organised events for the University of Exeter Business School. Living in Exeter with two of her friends, Jill loves to spend her free time getting outdoors – whether it’s kayaking, walking, or exploring new places.
- Sibling rivalry: Triplet standard
- Wholesome fact: Organises two charity festivals (Langaland and Abbfest)
- Favourite food: Anything with carbs
- Dream car: Anything that starts
A big welcome to our new starters – they’ve settled in wonderfully already and have quickly adapted to their… ‘unique’ surroundings with remarkable poise.
Keep your eyes peeled for lots more new starter profiles coming very soon!