This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- to assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of the visitors to this website; and
- to explain what personal information we collect from this website and how we ensure its best protection.
Ashwoods Lightfoot Limited complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, Ashwoods Lightfoot Limited is the data controller and sole owner of the personal data collected on the Website.
We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Act gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. A small fee may be payable in respect of any access request.
Information we may collect from you
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.lightfoot.co.uk.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you send an email to an @lightfoot.co.uk address.
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us improve the website
This helps us to:
- improve the site by having the ability to monitor how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- We may also use your data for the purposes of advertising, marketing and public relations, so as to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changing the information we hold about you
If you would like to change any information we hold about you that has been collected via use of this Website or want to it to be removed from our database, you should contact us at email@example.com.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
Any data you transmit is at your own risk
We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out above.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.